Tuesday 11 August 2009

Kinder Bueno (White)



Price point: S$1.50

Context: Watson's, Guardian, All major supermarkets

Before: I was feeling light-headed and badly in need of a sugar-rush given the numerous (and extended) stopovers at the comic bookstore, toy shop and computer game shop, thanks to Captain Badass

First impressions: Although a big fan of anything hazelnut and the original Kinder Bueno, I was apprehensive about trying the white version. White chocolate in my opinion is always excessively sweet and contains too much dairy for the cocoa content to leave any magic on your tongue.

During: I felt like Charlie in the chocolate factory peeling away the plastic wrapper, fueled by my curiosity of how my favourite thrift shop chocolate would look in white. I was strangely surprised - it looked like a reverse colour block, with white squares, neatly lined with a speckly coat of chocolate sand. Happy with the fact that it is not completely covered in white chocolate, I greedily took my first crunch...

After: HAPPINESS. This tasted almost as good as the original, while a little sweeter, it still retained the creamy nutty texture and taste that oozed right out when you broke the thin wafer crust. The milk was not overpowering nor was it too sweet. The sandpaper wafer texture was extra crispy and tingling. Each Bueno packet contains two chocolate wafer bars, individually wrapped. I finished my first bar in 3 bites, and shared half of the last bar with Captain Badass while contemplating getting another packet.

Total Score: 8/10

Last words: You're like this if you are big on Hazelnut chocolate and low on blood sugar

If you liked this you may also like: Kinder Bueno Original, Nutella

Index:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoIzyathnjY&feature=PlayList&p=030F34E3BDC31538&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=7
(check out the TVC made....somehow hazelnuts dropping into chocolate gives me a high)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/White-Kinder-Bueno/22742699221
(and yes, there is even a fan page!)

No comments: